Taurus Zodiac Sign
Those born between April 21st and May 21st share the Taurus astrological zodiac sign and are known to be reliable, patient, and responsible.
Their ability to see things from a grounded, practical, and realistic perspective make them excellent mediators. Their pragmatism allows Taurus to shape dreams into reality, transforming ideas into plans.
Those born under the sign of the bull are stubbornly perseverant and their determination often leads to their success.
Although creative, Taureans feel secure with a steady income and long-term career.
- Symbol: The Bull
- Taurus is Latin for "Bull" and this zodiac symbol is said to be based on the Cretan Bull that fathered the Minotaur. The Ancient Egyptians also worshiped a bull in the form of Horus, God of Heaven.
- Element: Earth
- Quiddity Gifts uses Picture Jasper (brown) and various shades of green beads to represent this element - the choice is yours.
- Starstone: Emerald
- Unlike birthstones which are connected to the 12 months, starstones are connected to the zodiac signs.
- Their birthstone for April is Diamond, and their birthstone for May is Emerald.
- Season: Spring
- With their birthday in Spring and green as their lucky colour, no wonder this is their season to shine!
- Metal: Copper
- Anisa, the designer at Quiddity Gifts, loves working with locally-sourced Copper. Get in touch if you'd like a custom order.
- Feel good colours are: Green & Pink
- Pink is a happy colour representing compassion and brings out the sweet & playful side of those who wear it.
- Green is the colour of growth, and symbolises a fresh start, healing, and also fertility.
- Enjoy yourself on: Friday & Monday
- These are the days when you'll be your most productive and generally less stressed.
- Zodiac flower: Rose, Poppy, Foxglove
- Specific flowers have been found to be more appealing to each zodiac sign.
- Zodiac bird: Dove, Sparrow, Swan
- Based on ancient myth and legend, each zodiac sign has birds which can carry your wishes up to the heavens. Why not treat a Taurus to Swan jewellery as a unique birthday gift idea?
- Get on well with: Scorpio & Cancer
- Their characteristics will complement those of Taurus and result in solid relationships.
- Lucky numbers are: 2, 6, 9, 12, 24
Aromatherapy & Astrology
Aromatherapy is connected to astrology and specific essential oils are often recommended to work in harmony with the body, boosting energy levels, balancing chakras, and easing ailments known to affect each sign.
It may seem far-fetched that astrology should be linked to the field of medicine, but Hippocrates once said, “A physician without knowledge of astrology has no right to call himself a physician.”
Taurus are prone to common throat infections, ear infections, and stiff necks. Using essential oils such as Ylang Ylang, Eucalyptus, or Rosemary can work wonders at boosting the immune system.
Take a peek at our Aromatherapy Jewellery to find the perfect gift!
The list of famous Taureans is definitely a long one and includes such people as Queen Elizabeth II, Charlotte Bronté, Leonardo DaVinci, Catherine the Great, and Bing Crosby.
But as far as we're concerned here at Quiddity Gifts, the most important person born under the Taurus star sign is Samuel Finley Breese Morse. He was born on April 27th, 1891 and went on to invent the single wire telegraph and, of course, the Morse Code language system used around the world.
But like many entrepreneurs, he had to deal with people trying to steal his ideas and overtake him in his quest to finalise the telegraph system.
He is quoted as saying "I have been so constantly under the necessity of watching the movements of the most unprincipled set of pirates I have ever known, that all my time has been occupied in defense, in putting evidence into something like legal shape that I am the inventor of the Electro-Magnetic Telegraph!"
Samuel Morse was a typical Taurus, practically solving the issue of transmitting telegraph signals, but also being very creative. He was a famous painter for much of his life and one of his projects was painting miniature copies of 38 of the Louvre's famous paintings on a single canvas (6 ft. x 9 ft), which he entitled The Gallery of the Louvre.
So to celebrate Morse's birthday, here's a handmade necklace spelling 'TAURUS' in Morse Code. I think he'd approve, don't you?
A stylish Taurus would love a sleek modern piece of jewellery, so why not surprise them with a handmade Zodiac Morse Code Necklace? The encoded message would appeal to their analytical mind, making a fascinating gift idea.
The necklace spells out ‘TAURUS’ in Morse Code and features genuine Picture Jasper gemstone beads to represent the EARTH as this is the element that rules the Taurus star sign, but like most jewellery by Quiddity Gifts, it can be customised with your favourite beads – glass, crystal, pearls, or gemstones…the choice is yours!
You could represent this Earth sign with bright apple green beads capturing the freshness of the Spring season, or opt for a more vivid shade to represent Emeralds, the birthstone for the month of May.
If zodiac’s not what you’re looking for, enquire about a custom order and encode the jewellery with any secret message.