Privacy & Cookies
Quiddity Gifts appreciates any concerns you might have regarding sharing information with us over the Internet, and wants to assure you of your confidentiality and security.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that I do not own or control, including Create Ecommerce or any third party payment services, such as PayPal, WorldPay, etc.
1. Who are ‘we’?
Quiddity Gifts is a micro-business, owned and operated solely by Anisa Daud, the sole proprietor. The terms ‘We’, ‘I’, ‘She’ refer only to Anisa.
2. How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information when you use our website, through:
- the order completion process.
- e-mail correspondence to arrange custom orders and for the purposes of follow-up customer service.
- voluntary subscription to the Insiders’ Club, which includes acceptance of the receipt of e-mail newsletters and advertising announcements.
- cookies that collect aggregate, and therefore anonymous, information.
3. What information do we collect from you?
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain personal information, such as:
- your name
- e-mail address
- phone number
- delivery address
- the details of the product that you’re ordering.
- You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
We may also collect information regarding what pages are accessed and when, purely for analytics purposes. (Please scroll down and read the section titled ‘COOKIES’ for further information on this.)
4. Why do we need your information?
We collect this data in order to offer a better service to meet your needs, and your information may be used to help us:
- process and deliver your order
- provide excellent customer service
- comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
- send promotional emails about special offers or new product launches - only if you have voluntarily signed up to the Quiddity Gifts Insiders’ Club. You may revoke your affirmative consent at any time.
We will NOT sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties except when:
- we employ companies or individuals to assist in order fulfilment, such as courier companies to deliver packages. In which case, these parties only have access to information needed to perform their functions (e.g. name and address), and may not use it for other purposes.
- we are required by law to do so, having been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of (prospective) legal proceedings.
- you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud. We will record this and may share it with fraud investigation organisations.
7. Is your information secure?
8. What are your rights?
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information.
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. I will delete your personal information upon request, except where I am required to store data for legal reasons.
- Object: You can object to
- (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and
- (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
You will only receive occasional e-mail newsletters from us if you have previously given consent to be enrolled in the Quiddity Gifts Insiders’ Club. The information in these e-mails may include: upcoming sales, special offers, product launches, local in-person events, gift guides, exclusive members only promotional deals, etc.
E-mails will be sent from [email protected] You will never receive any third-party e-mails.
Opting out of any correspondence is your choice at any time and can be done via email ([email protected]) or by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any MailChimp newsletter.
10. How can you contact Quiddity Gifts?
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Anisa Daud, am the data controller of your personal information.
Please email me at [email protected] if:
- you would like to update or delete any of the personal data we hold about you
Quiddity Gifts c/o Anisa Daud, 7 Broughton Lane, Crewe, Cheshire, CW2 8JP, United Kingdom
COOKIES: What are they and Why do we use them?
This website sets performance cookies to collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
This website sets functionality cookies. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
This website sets targeting cookies. These cookies may be used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.