Aquarius Zodiac Sign
If you were born between January 20th and February 18th, your zodiac sign is Aquarius. Whether you're shy and quiet or wildly eccentric and energetic (Aquarius can be both), you will probably be a 'glass-half-full' kind of person. Aquarius is famous for their eternally optimistic outlook on life and for seeing the world as being full of possibilities.
Symbolised by the water bearer, Aquarius is also known as The Helper and this philanthropic sign gravitates towards careers with a humanitarian cause or mission. Jobs which require a balance of creativity and intellect, such as writing or teaching, are a perfect fit for zodiac sign. They are community orientated and genuinely enjoy helping others, but their desire for intellectual conversation sees them more as leaders of after-school homework clubs, rather than the football coach.
These independent zodiac sign craves freedom but the free-spirited nature of Aquarius often leads to feelings of loneliness.
- Symbol: The Water-Bearer
- Aquarius is the Latin translation of the original Greek name Hydrochoos, or 'The Water Pourer'. This exemplifies this sign's desire to help others.
- More modern versions of this zodiac symbol simply feature stylised 'waves' of flowing water.
- Element: Air
- Quiddity Gifts has a selection of light blue and grey beads to represent the sky.
- Starstone: Turquoise
- Most people are familiar with birthstones which are connected to the 12 calendar months, but starstones are connected to the zodiac signs.
- Amethyst is known as the gemstone of healing and is also strongly linked to Aquarius.
- Season: Winter
- Those born in Winter months shine during this season.
- Metal: Uranium
- Feel good colour is: any shade of blue.
- This Air element will feel strongest and most confident with shades of blue. Blue is connected with stability, so is often used in workplaces to encourage drama-free office interaction. Light blue is associated with tranquility, while dark blue often represents knowledge and power.
- Enjoy yourself on: Wednesday
- When others are feeling the stress of the mid-week hump, Aquarius will be at their peak.
- Zodiac flower: Orchid
- Your zodiac flower is chosen to represent the characteristics of the sign, and is said to be most appealing.
- Zodiac bird: Cuckoo
- Your zodiac bird is said to be able to hear you wishes and carry them up to the angels above.
- Zodiac food: Chillies
- Aquarius tends to have issues with poor circulation, so foods rich in Iron as well as chillies and Cayenne pepper should be included in their diet.
- Get on well with: Sagittarius, Gemini, and Libra
- Their characteristics will complement those of Aquarius and result in solid relationships.
- Marry: Leo
- The best personality fit for Aquarius is Leo. While no relationship is 'perfect', the strengths and weaknesses of these two zodiac signs balance each other well, making a romantic relationship to endure the test of time.
- Lucky numbers are: 1, 4, 7, 11, 22, 29
- Famous Aquarius: Bob Marley, Alicia Keys, Ed Sheehan, Oprah Winfrey, John Travolta, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, Virginia Woolf, Charles Dickens, Lord Byron, Christian Dior.